How To Create A Productive Workspace


Having somewhere to do your work is so important when you are at university because you wont be able to meet your deadlines otherwise. To help you create the perfect place for doing your work, I've come up my 6 top steps:

1. Clean up your room!
Something I always say is a cluttered room means a clutter mind. I don't know about you, but whenever I see a bit of mess in my room, my mind instantly thinks "I should clean that up" which distracts me from my work, which makes me unproductive. To avoid this, tidy up your room so that everything is in order and so that you wont be as distracted by anything.

Image Source: WeHeartIt

2. Remove all distractions
Once mistake I did make when I first put my room together, was that I put my table right in front of a busy window. Yes it does have the benefits described in step 4, but it is also the most distracting thing around. I don't know if you have ever people watched, but since my apartment is 2 floors above a shop on a busy road, I have the perfect opportunity to do it without getting caught! I have disciplined myself to not do it as much anymore, but it is sometimes an issue. Make sure that whatever is around you will not distract you from your work!


3. Have a big enough workspace
If your table is too small, it can get frustrating. I often find myself with my massive folder, my laptop as well as having various sheets and a pad of paper out while Im trying to do my work, and If I cant have all of these resources out on my table at once, my life will be that much harder. I don't want to have to to be searching through piles of books and paper to find what I want to look at, just because I don't have the space to lie everything out so that I can access it easily. Obviously a student doesn't have all of the funds in the world, but for £44 you can get the perfect worktop that will last your entire student life (and it doesn't look like poo). Linnmon Table Top Adils Leg



4. Have everything that you need close by
There is no way you are going to be productive if you have your pens on one side of the room, your ruler on the other, and your textbooks in the living room. I have my bookshelf right next to my desk, so that if I ever need to look at something from my notes from the previous term, it will literally take 2 seconds and I wont be distracted whilst I am getting it. Another thing to do is to have your stationary organised and in a accessible place. I keep mine in a pencil holder, and have my post-it notes, stapler, hole punch and all the other necessities on my window sill next to my desk. The last thing you want when you are on a role is to have to get up and lose what you are doing.

Image Source: WeHeartIt

5. Lighting
My desk is right next to the window, so during the day I get the perfect lighting and it makes me work so much better! At night, to make up for the lack of sun, I use a lamp. Having a bright workspace makes it so much easier to concentrate, and it makes your work look so much clearer, which is just one less thing for your brain to worry about.

Image Source: WeHeartIt

6. Have a cork board
To keep myself organised, I have a cork board to put up all of the important things I need to do, checklists, uni timetable etc. I think it is good to have something there to remind you of what you need to do, because then you wont have to remember it all yourself, saving some brain power!

There are so many other things that you can do to have a productive workspace, but I hope you have found my 6 ever so useful! If you like these kinds of university life posts, let me know (perhaps leave a suggestion of what you would want to know).

Love From

Elizabeth x

Comments

  1. I love this post! Theres nothing worse than trying to work in conditions that just don't help you!
    Gorgeous blog hun!

    Charlotte // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Im glad you liked my post!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts